H-1B Visa
An H-1B temporary worker is someone admitted to the United States to perform services in a "specialty occupation." A U.S. employer must file an H-1B petition with USCIS and complete the Labor Condition Application (LCA) process with the Department of Labor (DOL). Your prospective job opportunity may be considered a specialty occupation if it requires workers to have certain specialized training and education, at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in the specialty, or a license to perform the job or permission from the State in which the job is located (such as a physical therapist or architect). Some specialty occupations may include, but are not limited to, computer systems, analysts and programmers, physicians, engineers, accountants, professors in mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, business specialties, lawyers, and the arts. As an H-1B worker, you and your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may be admitted to the United States for a period of up to three years. Your time may be extended, but generally cannot go beyond a total of six years, though some exceptions do apply. To discuss your eligibility and qualifications for these and other employment- and business-based immigration services, please call for consultation.
Temporary Work Visas
Businesses, professionals, and individuals with extraordinary abilities can enter the United States in order to pursue economic and job-related opportunities under a number of employment based, non-immigrant visa categories. We help businesses and professionals take advantage of these opportunities.
O Visa for People with Exceptional Abilities
Artists, athletes, performers, and persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, entertainment, and business can enter the US under the O1 visa. Even though the O-1 is not a "dual intent" visa, it does permit holders to apply for citizenship.
P Visas
The P-class visas allow entertainers, artists, and athletes to enter the country in order to participate in events, competitions, or performances. P-class visas are temporary and can be applied for on an individual and team basis. The P-4 visa allows holders of a P-1, P-2, or P-3 visa to bring family members along for the duration of their stay. To learn about these and other employment- and business-based immigration services, please call for consultation.
Labor Certification
To be considered for an immigrant visa under some of the employment-based categories, the applicant's prospective employer or agent must first obtain a labor certification approval from the Department of Labor. Let us help you in this process.
Employment Authorization
Certain immigrants in the United States can apply for employment authorization (a work permit). Non-immigrants, depending on their visa, are eligible to apply for an EAD. U.S. employers must check to make sure all employees are allowed to work in the United States. Proof of U.S. Citizenship or having a Lawful Permanent Residency card is proof of work authorization. If you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, please call for consultation to discuss the options of eligibility of obtaining an EAD card.